Thursday 23 April 2009

Geninne Zlatkis' birds

This isn't another jewellery-lust post, I promise! Instead it's a case of print-lust. I came across Geninne on Etsy a while ago and then today she popped up on the front page and reminded me why I had liked her work in the first place! Her limited edition series of bird prints and watercolour paintings have a distinct charm to them, as you can see below. I love the bright colours of the birds in contrast with the age-stained postcards on which they perch.

Geninne Zlatkis lives in a forest near Mexico City, two environments that seem to have really influenced Geninne's work which combines the bright colours many associate with Mexico City, with the earthy tones and natural forms of forest life. Perfect!


(Who can resist a bird in a fez?!)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin