Tuesday 21 April 2009

Jewellery - Grainne Morton

Let me introduce you to the work of Grainne Morton who uses found and vintage materials to create some of the most perfect brooches I have ever laid eyes on!

"The found objects I use in my work are the main inspiration for my jewellery. Collecting objects from the obscure to the miniature, found and fabricated, is the starting point for most designs.These objects become the narrative form for my jewellery and are collaged together by arrangement and rearrangement until all the objects connect with each other in order to create lively, colourful spontaneous stories."
"In most of my designs I aspire to evoke a feeling of nostalgia. I consciously work in a miniature scale, using a diverse range of materials in order to create attention so that the onlooker has to become more involved in the piece, hopefully sparking memory and thought, as well as making them smile."


I absolutely love the tree brooches, and the tiny printer's tray brooch would be perfect for my mum (who has become a bit obsessed with hunting out tiny and unusual antiques for the printers tray they have on the wall at home). Unfortunatly this jewellery is way way out of my price range, up to a couple of thousand pounds for some pieces! Still, it's nice to look and appreciate the work and time that's gone into them...




1 comment:

Miss Wayward said...

Wow they're all gobsmackingly gorgeous. I may faint.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin