Tuesday 21 April 2009

The Jewel Theif

Time for some shop love! The Jewel Theif is nestled away in Brighton Lanes (on Dukes Lane - near M.A.C and Ted Baker if you fancy sniffing it out) and is a tresure trove of contemporary jewellery design. Since browsing the shop and their website I've come across a range of very different and very unique jewellery designers.
The one that caught my eye and drew me towards the shop in the first place was Tina Lilienthal, a German-born, London-based designer who graduated from the Royal College of Art in 2003 with an MA in Goldsmithing, Silversmithing, Metalwork and Jewellery.
Tina uses a broad mix of metals, fabrics and plastics to create her unusual pieces. I love the skulls - they look so smooth and almost have a quality about them as if they were a character in a stop-frame animation film. Also, her brilliant strawberries and cherries look good enough to eat! My most-craved items are the skull with antlers (see below) and a perfect red heart with a blank silver scroll across it (can't find a picture of this but trust me, it's lovely!)
Tina Lilienthal's work:
I'll be posting some more Jewel Theif finds soon!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin