Thursday 14 May 2009

Beads and Bead Shops

I've been collecting unusual beads for many years, with most of them coming from the Brighton Bead Shop where the selection is good, if a little stagnant, and staff are very friendly and helpful. Earlier this year I finally got to the Covent Garden Bead Shop - which is brilliant! Although it's a bit pricey, they do some amazing, unusual beads and have a large section of oriental-type beads.
I also found another little jewellery and gift shop called Tizzi's in Lewes which also sells some unusual individual beads. If anyone knows of any other really good bead shops or bead-selling websites, please let me know :)
As I have a really big stash of beads, I haven't photographed them all, but here are a few of my recent buys:

From top:
Large Kingfisher bead - Covent Garden Bead Shop.
Frogs perched on beads - Covent Garden Bead Shop.
Range of brightly painted wooden bird beads - Tizzi's
Tiny ivory-esque animal beads - Tizzi's (these really are very small!)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin