Thursday 8 April 2010

Shoegazer Creative: Supplies and storage

I don't know about you, but I love it when an artist or creative you follow gives a sneak peek into their studio. It's great to see how they store things, where they work and generally just have a good old nose! One day, I really hope to have a spare room to tranform into studio space, but for now I have to make do with storing my supplies in a cupboard and working either on the floor or from a tray on my lap!
I recently invested in some more storage and have now organised my embellishment supplies by colour, making it quicker and easier for me to get started with a project ...
Above: My crafting cupboard a few months ago... unfortunately it's not so tidy now as I have aquired far too much stuff!
Top shelf: Work space with fairy lights, art pencils, paint brushes, tapes and crafting books.
Middle shelf: Drawers full of various metal charms. Containers full of beads, sequins, ribbons, buttons, threads, vintage stamps and playing cards etc...
Bottom shelf: Tin full of chains and fixtures for jewellery making. Large box full of felt and fabric. Lots of japanese stickers! Collage materials. 
  
Above: The new colour-themed storage drawers, filling up nicely!
Above: Examples of embellishment supplies. The white collection. Buttons, beads, pearls, sequins, charms ...
Above: The pink collection.
Above: Vintage watch faces and parts.
Above: Works in progress. Brooches and unfinished hanging decorations.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin