Tuesday 29 June 2010

Shoegazer Home: Start / Wooden hand

There is light at the end of the tunnel! My boyfriend and I - who have for almost 6 years been suffering a long distance relationship due to our respective work locations - may be able to get our own place up in London before the end of the year as I am in the process of relocating my duties to my company's London office rather than their Southern office. This is so exciting for me for many reasons, one of the biggest (aside from finally living with my bf) is beng able to collect homeware knowing it will actually be put to use rather than just being left wrapped up and piled up in my room!
The first thing I did was come up with a style / theme I wanted for the living room. I don't know how to describe what I have in my mind other than:
"English eccentric with a vintage sci fi twist"  
 With that in mind, I set out on a buying mission and have decided to document my finds, wants and progress here on the blog. First up, an image from a home magazine that inspired me...
I love the whole composition here but particularly the wooden hand holding the pen. So, inspired for a display, I bought a wooden, artist's jointed hand like the ones below, from eBay:

I am also on the lookout for a nice vintage typewriter - as I have been for about a year. I haven't found the perfect one (at the perfect price) yet though! Watch this space.
More home blogging to come soon, I hope you find it interesting.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin