Tuesday 23 March 2010

Shoegazer Visits: Angel, London

I'm a regular in Angel, London on a Saturday night but last weekend I ventured there in the afternoon to have a look at the antique stalls and unusual little shops. I picked up a bird brooch and a very cute antique His Master's Voice grammar phone needle tin to add to my various collections.
Now let's let the pictures do the talking . . .
If you like hunting out little oddities then it's well worth a visit when you next have a free Saturday, I much prefer these informal market stalls and jam-packed, quirky little shops to snobby, over-priced, off-putting "proper" antique shops. Just sayin'.
After visiting the Antique places, we went in a lovely shop called After Noah. From the front it looks like a children's toy shop, and infact half of the shop IS dedicated to traditional, unusual children's toys - but the other half is full of a mix of old and new finds - from furniture to tin robots and pretty stationary. Lovely! Here are some shots from the shop . . .
Up next: I will show you the little tin I got along with some more of my vintage tin collection.  

1 comment:

Kat said...

Ahh I love the antiques in Angel, a friend of mine took me there after he moved near by. such cool pictures, I'll have to get back there and take my camera some time!

Xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin