Wednesday 12 January 2011

Shoegazer Haul

Here is a roundup of some of the lovely things I’ve come into the possession of recently – whether through receiving them as presents or treating myself to them . . .
Antique wooden peg doll (late 1800s/early 1900s?):
As I have mentioned here before, I have been on the lookout for an antique, wooden peg doll since I was a little girl and used to love watching a little cartoon called Pinny’s House which told the story of a little peg doll that came to life and had adventures. Having had no luck whatsoever finding a peg doll in the many antique shops I visit, I decided to turn to eBay and my luck was in. I won an auction for not one but TWO antique peg dolls, one of which I kept and one my mum now owns as she had been looking for one too. Naturally, my doll is called Pinny :) 
Goat figure:
In October 2010 my brother and his partner moved to Hong Kong following my brother’s promotion at work, so for Christmas I was treated to some unusual little finds they had come across in a shop they said would be right up my street. Firstly, this little goat is a very good representation of a real goat (but hopefully not made of real goat fur?? THE HORROR!) and my brother said he couldn't resist getting it for as goats were my favourite animal when we were little.
 
Green Chalcedony Ring:
LOVE! I got this faceted Green Chalcedony ring as a Christmas present and have rarely taken it off since! The aqua tone of the green is beautiful and the unpolished silver setting gives it an edge.
Jointed wooden bear:

This jointed wooden bear (which reminds me slightly of the Black Forest bears) sits quite happily wherever I chose to place him and is a lovely addition to my collection of homeware and ornaments. He was another gift from Hong Kong.
 
Antique typewriter (1920s?)
I got this amazing piece of vintage writing machinery for my 25th birthday back in September 2010 as a present from my parents. I love it, but it is incredibly heavy! I can't wait to find the perfect place for it when I get my own place :)

Hope you enjoyed that round-up :) x

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin