Friday 9 January 2009

Discoveries

Firstly, Happy 2009 to anyone who stumbles across this humble little creative blog of mine! I plan to make 2009 a much more creatively productive year which involves actually doing something with the things I make!

Over the Christmas break I finally managed to visit two places I'd been longing to visit all year - Sunday Up Market on Brick Lane, and the massive Paperchase on Tottenham Court Road.

Unfortunately, due to the pressures of last minute Christmas shopping, I didn't have as much time as I would have liked to browse Sunday Up Market but it was really nice to see stalls and products from websites I like to visit such as Custom Made, Bobby Dazzler, I Like Birds and Buddug (who create really nice bird-based jewellery amongst other stuff).

A new discovery for me was Rosie Wonders. I can't tell you how much I've fallen in love with Rosie's creations, she makes beautiful brooches, necklaces and greeting cards amongst other things (I feel very lucky because my boyfriend bought me two brooches as Christmas presents - I'll post some pics later)


Some of Rosie's work:
As for the Tottenham Court Road's Paperchase... wow... I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! The top floor was full of art materials and unusual papers and supplies. I bought some canvases and a basket full of other bits and pieces including some really nice paper that is so delicate it's almost fabric.

On another note, I hope to update this journal a lot more this year so please do stick with me if you've seen anything at all here you like. I may also set up an Etsy to sell some of the things I make but I've just got to work out how it all works! Watch this space!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to comment, your blog is fabulous, right up my street as I am a real unusual-jewellery fanatic, too much is never enough!

thegreenpixie said...

The paperchase down TCR is fab! I have to not go in there because it's so close to work and I'll spend too much money.

Anonymous said...

I must try and visit all of those places, they sound fab!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin