Friday 12 February 2010

R.I.P Alexander McQueen

Yesterday the sad news came that Alexander McQueen had died, on the first day of New York Fashion Week at the age of 40. I know this post is just another drop in the sea of blog posts paying tribute to him, but as he was one of my absolute favourite designers I thought I’d pay tribute in my own small way to his amazing, theatrical, inspiring, emotion-provoking work.
A while ago I made this post about how his designs were more like gorgeous costumes and I think that’s what I liked the most about him. His creations were so visionary and ‘out there’ and his shows were amazing theatrical events rather than just models trudging the same old path down the catwalk. 
Alexander McQueen was a true creative genius and a British designer to be proud of. I know him and his work will be missed by so many people, but I’m sure his influence on the fashion world will stretch on forever. R.I.P Lee McQueen, gone too soon. (I hope you make everyone in heaven look fierce!)
Such a sad time for British Fashion.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin