Friday 1 October 2010

Shoegazer visits: Pollock's Toy Museum

Last weekend I went to Pollock's Toy Museum in London. I'd been wanting to visit since I found out about it last year (see this post on the Imaginarium Doctor Parnassus), so was happy to finally get there and experience it for myself. Some of the pictures aren't the best quality, but the light was very awkward in there - the items were in glass cases in dark rooms with the sun streaming through the windows - but I've done my best to share the experience with you and hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Oh yes and be warned, some of the toys and dolls featured here may well give you nightmares! Haha...
I hope you found those photos interesting :) I adore the antique peg dolls and have been looking for one for YEARS. Oh well, one day... Also fell in love with the Pearly King and Queen dolls. I have a soft spot for anything to do with Pearly Kings and Queen -  I just love the old English eccentric charm of them.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin